IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EARNING AN AWARD IN THE ADEQUAN®/USDF ALL-BREEDS AWARD PROGRAM, READ CAREFULLY.
STEP 1: Declare your horse for the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards Program.
For your horse to be eligible for the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards, you must make sure that your horse has been declared for the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards with the correct breed or performance registry, called Participating Organization (PO).
- Provide USDF with a copy of your horse’s breed registry papers along with a completed USDF All-Breeds Awards Declaration Form and $35 declaration fee. Your horse will be declared for the PO that is designated on the form as long as they participate in the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards Program. Once the declaration is made, you will be sent a confirmation email.
- PLEASE NOTE : If you have sent in breed papers previously or even if your horse has received all-breeds awards from a specific PO in the past, your horse MAY NOT be automatically declared. All competitors and owners should check their horse's declaration status on your horse’s summary page of USDFScores.com or use the Owner's/Lessee Horse Portfolio Search.
- Some US based subsidiaries of a foreign registry do not automatically recognize foreign-papered horses, so please contact the PO for eligibility requirements.
- Horses registered with an organization that does not participate in the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards may still be eligible for the awards. View the list of POs available on the USDF website and contact a PO that may accept your horse into the program. Once you receive verification from the PO that they will accept your horse, submit the All-Breeds Awards Declaration Form and any applicable breed registry papers to USDF.
- Foals of the current year may be eligible for the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards even if breed registry papers for the foal are not yet available. To declare a foal for the Adequan®/All-Breeds Awards, you must submit a completed All-Breeds Awards Declaration Form and a letter of eligibility from your chosen PO stating that the foal is eligible for awards from that PO.
- The deadline to declare a horse for the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards for the current year is August 1 of the award year or late fees will apply. The deadline to declare a current year foal for the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards is September 30 of the award year. No declarations may be made for the current year after September 30.
- An all-breeds declaration may only be changed by submitting the All-Breeds Awards Declaration Form and the $50 declaration change fee to USDF by August 1 of the award year.
- This declaration does not affect any other awards program.
It is the owner's responsibility to ensure that an all-breeds declaration has been made correctly for his/her horse by August 1 of the current competition
year. Once a declaration has been made, it will remain in place for future competition years.
Verification of an all-breeds declaration may be done three ways:
- Access your horse’s summary page on USDFScores.com and verify that the all-breeds declaration information on that page is correct.
- Visit the USDF website for currently competing lifetime registered horses without a declaration on file; see Lifetime Registered Horses Not Declared For the All-Breeds Program.
- View the Owner's/Lessee's Horse Portfolio on the USDF website. Please note that you must have a current USDF Group or Participating Membership and be logged into the USDF website to access this report for free.
STEP 3: Meet the requirements for your horse to appear on the POs eligibility list.
Throughout the year, POs monitor lists of horses that are declared for their organization. There are USDF requirements that must be met in order for a horse to appear on a POs list. In order for a declared horse to appear on a POs list to be marked as eligible for the all-breeds awards, the horse must:
- Have a USDF Lifetime Horse Registration
- Have a minimum of three scores of 58 percent or higher
- From a minimum of two different competitions in the current competition year
STEP 4: Meet the year-end award requirements to appear in the Adequan®/USDF Year-End Awards preliminary standings.
All Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds awards requirements must be met before the horse will appear in the Adequan®/USDF Year-End Awards preliminary standings.
View the USDF Member Guide for complete award requirements.
It is the owners and riders responsibility to check the standings throughout the competition year and notify USDF and your PO if for some reason you believe that you have been incorrectly ranked or left out. Also please monitor your current year scores on USDFScores.com to make sure all scores are listed correctly.
For USDF official year-end results or award standings, no corrections will be accepted after 5:00 pm EST on October 15 of the award year.